empowering leadership (synchroblog)
November 3, 2008
I’ve been pondering leadership somewhat in the past few weeks. I wonder what the task of leaders should be? Should they be visionaries? Organizers? Well, I guess we need all of those. But what I believe we lack is the leaders capable of creating spaces where people are empowered. OK, so many others have said this, thus I’ll keep it short.
I dream of leaders who are creative creators of empowering spaces. Places where those who are in the group are empowered to become more than they are. If Obama say “don’t believe only in my ability to bring about change, but also in yours”, then i hope this is what he can do! Maybe this is what Jesus did, when he took a couple of rag-tag Jews and three years later left them and they started the church, something must have happened in the space that was created around Jesus…
Others participating in this months synchroblog on leadership:
- Jonathan Brink – Letter To The President
- Adam Gonnerman – Aspiring to the Episcopate
- Kai – Leadership – Is Servant Leadership a Broken Model?
- Sally Coleman – In the world but not of it- servant leadership for the 21st Century Church
- Alan Knox – Submission is given not taken
- Joe Miller – Elders Lead a Healthy Family: The Future
- Cobus van Wyngaard – Empowering leadership
- Steve Hayes – Servant leadership
- Geoff Matheson – Leadership
- John Smulo – Australian Leadership Lessons
- Helen Mildenhall – Leadership
- Tyler Savage – Moral Leadership – Is it what we need?
- Bryan Riley – Leading is to Listen and Obey
- Susan Barnes – Give someone else a turn!
- Liz Dyer – A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Polls…
- Lionel Woods – Why Diverse Leadership is Good for America
- Julie Clawson – Leadership Expectations
- Ellen Haroutunian – A New Kind Of Leadership
- Matt Stone – Converting Leadership
- Steve Bradley – Lording or Leading?
- Adam Myers – Two types of Leadership
- Bethany Stedman – A Leadership Mosaic
- Kathy Escobar – I’m Pretty Sure This Book Won’t Make It On The Bestseller List
- Fuzzy Orthodoxy – Self Leadership
- Sonja Andrews – Leadership In An Age of Cholera
- Tara Hull – Leadership & Being A Single Mom
- Glen Hager – Election Day Ponderings On Leadership
- Andries Louw – South Africa’s leadership crisis